Still at Home Talent Show - Holiday Edition
Winner’s Circle Announced! Head to the Hult Center Blog for a rundown on all the prize winners and a recap video!
UPDATE: Thank you to everyone who has entered! The entry window is now closed and we are reviewing your incredible submissions! We’ll be announcing the official finalists and their prizes on Thursday, December 17 at 12:00 pm via email and Hult Center social media accounts including Facebook and YouTube.
Earlier this year we did our best to combat the global bummer affecting us all by doing a little talent show from our homes to celebrate all the incredible talent and creativity in our community. The results were, to say the least, immense. In a matter of weeks, we accumulated hundreds of entries across a wide arrange of genres, which culminated in a “People’s Choice” vote-off that saw over three thousand votes from the public.
Well, things have taken a little longer to get back to normal than we’d all hoped, so we’ve been thinking about how we find a way to get a little closer while being so far apart. The holidays are a time we spend with loved ones to celebrate amazing traditions. We’re not willing to just put everything on hold this season and neither should you.
That’s why we’re dusting off the virtual stage for another giant virtual hug and announcing a special one-off Holiday throwdown with the Still at Home Talent Show – Holiday Edition! Because, why shouldn’t we have a few GOOD reasons to never forget this holiday season.
This festive throwdown will have a smaller scope and we’ll be on the lookout for entries in the following categories:
- 2020 Holiday Card: We want you to make some bellies turn to jelly with a display of design, humor and holiday spirit. This has been a doozy of a year and we’ll be looking for a winner that can bring a smile to our faces so advise you keep those snowballs above the belt – so all can enjoy. This can be a card design, animation, short video, or poem.
- Holiday Dance/Movement/Choreography: Got moves that would warm any weary soul? Show us your style and movement in a way that celebrates the season and spirit of the holidays.
- Original Song or Instrumental: Not satisfied with the current holiday music on offer and think you have something special that would cure any Grinch in a cinch? Give us the gift of a new classic.
- Classic Reinterpretation: Dig the O.G. but know you could make a classic shine in a whole new way? Does Jingle Bells need some trap drums, or Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree need to go to 11?
Age Groups: Each category will have two age groups, 13 and under, and then 14 and over for everyone else. Make sure to tag which age group you are entering on the entry form.
What’s in it for you? Asides from the never-ending reward of being part of a most excellent community – we’re working with a bunch of local businesses and partners to create a snazzy loot-pile of prizes. We’ll be sharing details on all you can win throughout the entry window. On top of that we’ll be finding ways to feature artists with performance opportunities, tons of online exposure, content creation and more!
How to Enter & the Rules
To enter, fill in this talent show entry form. We’ll then email you a link to submit your file. We also recommend posting your submission on social media and tagging it with #StillHomeTalentShow as we’ll be sharing submissions on our own pages, encouraging people to support you
All entries for the “Still at Home Talent Show – Holiday Edition” will need to be submitted to the official entry drop box by 11:59 PM PST on December 10th, 2020. This means filing your entry form on our website by the deadline – we’ll follow up the next day for your file if it’s after hours.
- Please limit submissions to no longer than 2 minutes. Songs and videos can be longer, but judges will only be required to review the first 2 minutes or the section noted on your entry form.
- Make sure to indicate which age group you are submitting for on the entry form.
- Participants are allowed and encouraged to collaborate with others – but please only submit one entry per group and also practice safe social distancing practices at all times.
- The use of copyrighted music and video content is not permitted. Need help sorting out copyrights and fair use? Head here.
- Don’t forget to post your entry on your own social media with #StillHomeTalentShow so we can share!
- Profanity and Strong Content: We’re no prudes, but we do remind you the focus of the contest is holiday themed and we can only share content viewable by a family audience. So, keep those snowballs above the belt if you can!
Prizes and Partners
This special edition of the talent show wouldn’t be possible without incredible local partners listed below. Check back often as we’ll be updating details on the prizes throughout the entry window! Interested in getting your business involved? Send us a note and we’ll be in touch right away!
Prize: Gift Card for $50 + Goodies!
Prize: Gift Card for $25!
Prize: Gift Card for $25!
Prize: Plants and a Gift Card!
Prize: $25 Gift Card!
Prize: Group Membership and Raptor Goodies!
Prize: $25 Gift Card
Prize: Interview with Eugene Magazine and a 2-Year Subscription!
Prize: Doggy prize pack and two days doggy day care!
Prize: Tea variety pack with 8+ types, and Yogi merch!
Prize: $40 gift card